CHHS Swim Meet
Grammie, Dad and I attended Logan's local high school swim meet on Tuesday afternoon. Logan was in four different events and beat at least one of his personal records.
Deer Searching
Logan, Grammie, Dad and I spent one evening, around dusk, looking for the the deer that wander through a nearby town. Even with a storm blowing in and a few minutes before sunset we were able to see 33 Does and 4 Bucks.
Times of Laughter
Family wrestles, tickling fights, and spontaneous chasing around the house occurred throughout the week.
One happened Saturday morning when Dad teased by taking away part of a friend's birthday gift with Jordan chasing after him repeating the phrase, "Father, I am not happy with you." By the end of the chase, I was crying from laughing so hard.
Another happened Friday evening when Dad, Jordan, Mom, Grammie, and I sat at the table finishing a game of Grouch when Jordan and Mom started making funny faces which got the whole table laughing and eventually crying.
Sibling Salon
Upon Logan's request, Jordan braided and "played" with his hair on Thursday evening after we returned from Grandma's thanksgiving dinner. The braid was the crowd favorite but they experimented with pony tails, man buns, and a double braid.
Temple Day
Wednesday morning I was escorted by Mom into the LDS Oqurrih Mountain Temple to receive my endowment.
This was 4 months in the making and I could hardly sleep the night before in excitement. Mom gave me this matching pearl ring the night before so that when we see our rings, we will remember this special day.
The experience of going into the Lord's house being promised specific things that will help me temporarily and spiritually. I was accompanied by family, family friends, friends, and even old Young Women leaders -- Dad, Mom, Grammie, Gordon, Neesha, Kitty, Victoria, Bishop Pearce, Liz, and Emily. We were later joined by Doug, Logan, Jordan, and Grandma.
It was a humbling experience to really learn how small I am in the wide scheme of things yet so important and crucial to my God's eternal plan. Tears over-flowed me with every embrace with an overwhelming sense of peace, comfort, and happiness throughout my body and mind.
Other Thanksgiving Break Activities:
- Desert Star Playhouse -- Christmas Show with Mom, Tracie, and Leslie.
- Thanksgiving Dinner at Grandma's house.
- Black Friday Shopping with Mom, Logan, Jordan at Kohl's, Sears, Wal-mart.
- Victoria's breakfast "bar-hop" for her 21st birthday and saw Hunter, Danny, Justin, and Kenna.
- Shopping with Grammie, Mom, and Jordan at Ross, Kmart, and Seagull Book.
- Multiple games of Grouch with the winners being Dad, Logan, and Myself.
- Mom's Boutique with Niki, Ben, and Gage.
- Dinner Party at neighbor's Julia house with Abby, Percy, and her mom.










No comments:
Post a Comment