Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Nothing is the Lord's Something



When the Lord gives you an impression, it is best to follow it. 

In regards to homework, this week has already been very productive. I have completed a lot of items of my to-do list with only a few items remaining. One of those completed items was visiting the St. George LDS Temple. 

I have only visited the St. George temple once before back in September and it was incredible. Ever since living in Ephraim, I have grown a deep appreciation for the pioneer temples so visiting the St. George temple gave me a new wave of excitement.

Tuesday afternoon, my responsibilities dwindled down to nothing. I had nothing pressing to do, no more classes, and no desire to spend the afternoon glued to the television. Then I had small impression: go to the temple.

The impression was small and persistent; something I could not ignore. It took a matter of 20 minutes to walk back to my apartment and change clothes before I was on the road heading south. As the miles counted down my excitement grew and I knew I was doing what the Lord wanted me to do.

The St. George Temple stands out among the neighboring houses and red rock. The walkways showcase the beauty and fine workmanship. And the undeniable presence of the spirit.

After my quick time performing baptisms for the dead, I spent a few more minutes wandering the grounds with my camera. Happiness and encouragement filled my being as I treasured the beauty and sacredness of the temple.

Having nothing to do allowed the Lord's something to have greater impact than the completion of my own to-do list. It is simply another reason why to follow the Lord's promptings and trust in His timing.



No comments:

Post a Comment