A Week Full of Change
Change is the constant of life but that doesn't make the change any easier. This week has had its fill of changes, both good and bad.1) I had the opportunity to rush a local sorority, Alpha Phi. Rushing a sorority means that I participate in their activities in hopes of being invited to their private events and being asked to join their sisterhood. I was able to participate in three of their activities; Meet the Greeks, Values Night, and Service night.
-- I was not invited for their remaining events and will have the opportunity again to rush in the Fall. The waves of disappointment were real but I'm grateful for opportunity to have met awesome girls and break out of my shell more.
2) I had to say goodbye to my Baby Boy, Beau. He passed away Thursday night in his sleep, curled up next to my bed. He was 19 years old and spoiled rotten. I had the great opportunity to spend at least 10 years loving, playing, and making memories with my baby boy.
-- I'm not sure how I'll handle my first visit home without the soft sound of his meow's. I'm sure I will have my waves of sadness when I see his pictures and think about him but I know he is happier, healthier, and I will forever treasure my memories and the time I had with him.
3) I have the great opportunity to start another blog for a class, Embracing Change in College. This blog is about embracing the common changes that college kids go through: physical, mental and social. I would appreciate followers on the blog as well as the other social media websites I'll be using.


No comments:
Post a Comment