October 3rd was the day my journey in Alpha Phi changed.
October 3rd was the day.
October 3rd was the day I met my Big!
For those of you who don't know, a sorority Big is also known as a mentor. Each new member of the incoming group gets paired up with an active member to help mentor them through their journey in the sorority. And so your mentor or Big Sister gets shorted down to just Big because in a sorority everyone is referred to as a sorority.
Prior to me actually October 3rd, I was given three gifts to tease me and get me excited about meeting her. Well it worked. I got so excited, nervous, and started to love my Big before I even knew who she was.
Day 1 - I received my favorite candy and drink: Twix, Kit Kat, and Strawberry Lemonade! It was presented to me in a very cute basket.
Day 2 - I received a nice card with a beautiful note inside. I also got a stunning bouquet of fake roses so that I can always have flowers with me. Honestly, receiving this made me get really excited to meet my Big and the relationship we would have.
Day 3 - I received a big bag full of beautiful things! I got a simple silver necklace, two shirts, and a comfy purple Mickey Mouse sweater/sweatshirt. This was my last gift that I would receive from my Big before I would find out.
Reveal Day - The day that we would meet our Big was left a surprise until roughly 30 minutes before. It was insanely nervous and exciting. We waited one at a time to "fish" for our big (you'll see in the video) and then if caught something, our big was revealed. It was so cute!
This is my little family tree. Rakael (red headed) is my big. Her big is Kathy (very top) and Kathy took another little, Annette (lower right). I'm so happy to have my Big, for the friendship we'll have, and the memories we'll gain together.
A wonderful sister of mine created this video in celebration of us (Beta Omega's) meeting our Bigs.
No comments:
Post a Comment