Sunday, October 9, 2016

No More Baby Siblings

Hi, I'm Lauren and I'm in denial of my siblings growing up. 

I don't want my siblings to grow up because then they have to face reality, adulthood, responsibilities, and heartbreak. They aren't supposed to date people, make life-altering decisions, enter middle school or graduate high school. I want them to stay little, cute, and innocent forever. 

But since they aren't listening to me or any of my persuasion techniques...this is what they are up to.  

My not-so-little baby brother: 



Bud, as I often call him, is a stud. He is a senior high school student who is constantly running around participating in the advance choir, Madrigals, swim team, and track & field as a pole vaulter. He worked all summer for a landscaping business.  He is funny, handsome, caring, and one-of-a-kind.

My not-so-little baby sister: 


JoBean or Bean, as I often call her, is adorable. She is a mighty eighth grader who is tackling French, winged eyeliner and constantly craving movie nights, candy, and friend-filled memories. She worked all summer on mowing our lawn and her tan skin. She is funny, beautiful, strong, and unique. 

As much as I don't like my siblings growing up and facing the world, I hope that they never forget that I'm in their corner and will always be there for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment